» The Angel Experiment — James Patterson.

Monday, April 9, 2012
4:05 PM
[ 0 comments ]

Yet another novel that I possibly expected too much of, and that became the reason why I gave it a lower rating than I would normally have. The graphic novel version was very good, and I read that first.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment introduces us to our cast of characters. Max and her whole flock of kids with wings are results of horrible experiments taking place in at The School, which is basically a laboratory for evil scientists. They take regular people, usually very young children, and inject animal DNA into them. Thus, I expected a chilling science fiction that focused on its horrors.

It only focuses on the School a few times. Max only ever says that it is an awful place, but we only get a glimpse of it when Angel is captured and forced back. Yet even then I did not feel angry with it, or scared of it, or anything. I felt nothing. They did not describe it enough for me to agree with the characters.

The writing style was what bothered me most. It was a bit too young for me, first of all. Second, it caused me not to take Max seriously, at all. At any point in the story. I am curious enough to read the second book, yet it is not a masterpiece.

rating: ★★★☆☆

sviristelle.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home